Christina was born in Germany, where she developed her artistic talent through extensive art education throughout her schooling. After graduating from high school, she moved to Washington, where she studied art at Western Washington University, graduating magna cum laude with a degree in studio arts and a concentration in graphic design in 1994. Afterwards, she worked as a graphic artist and art director while also studying alternative healing arts. In 2000, she traveled extensively in Asia and the Middle East, and then worked as a Holistic Health Practitioner for several years, before returning to her passion of creating art. Christina now lives and works in San Diego, California. In 2019 she moved her studio to the Studio Door Gallery in Hillcrest, San Diego, where her work can be viewed by appointment.
Art has been important in my life from the first time I picked up a crayon at the age of three. But it has been through the trans-formative experience of healing from cancer that it has taken on a special meaning in my own healing process. When I paint, I don’t have to think about what the future holds. Creating art is what sustains my heart and soul, and allows me to live fully engaged in the moment.
My creative process starts with visions or stories. I frequently write on my paintings, exploring different subjects and stories. Some of those original words can be seen on the final painting while most are covered up completely. I start with a texture base and use layers of slightly translucent paint to build up depth. My goal is to take people on a journey into each painting, sharing and exploring those visions and stories.
- September 2019 — January 2020, The Studio Door Studio Artists Group Show, Sparks Gallery
- Carrying the Light II, acrylic, 18″x36″
- February 2015 – The Studio Door, Ray Street, San Diego
- Juried International Group Show – The Crow Show : “Mystical Messenger”, acrylic, 18″x18″
- October 2014 – January 2015 – Art on 30th, San Diego
- Group show : “Free Bird”, “Desert Bloom”, “Keeper of the Worlds”
- August 2014 – Art Walk NTC @ Liberty Station, San Diego
- Shared Booth with Ray Street Artists
- December 2012 – January 2013 – San Diego Art Department, Ray Street, San Diego
- Featured Artist: “A Murder of Crows” – A collection of 12 paintings depicting the mystical presence of crows in flight.
- October 2012 – December 2012 – Glimpse, Ray Street, San Diego
- Group show: “Breakthrough”, acrylic, 12″x12″
- July 2012 – September 2012 – Glimpse, Ray Street, San Diego
- Group show : “Spirit Bird”, acrylic, 16″x20″
- December 2011 – October 2012 – San Diego Art Department, Ray Street, San Diego
- Various pieces displayed in monthly shows